Royal Canin Canine Satiety Small Dog 1.5 kg
***PRESCRIPTION DIET - Use only as directed by your veterinarian. By purchasing this item, you confirm that your pet was examined by a veterinarian who recommended the use of this therapeutic veterinary product on the basis of their diagnosis, and that this product will be used solely as the veterinarian recommended. ***
Formulated for weight loss in small dogs (less than 10kg), Satiety Support Weight Management Small Dog is designed to help reduce hunger. This diet is especially formulated to support the specific dental and urinary needs of small dogs.
Recommended for (indications):
- - Overweight/obesity: Weight loss and weight maintenance after weight loss
- - Diabetes mellitus with overweight/obesity
- - Hyperlipidaemia with overweight/obesity)
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- - Pregnancy, lactation and growth
- - Conditions where a high fibre content is not recommended (eg: chronic constipation or severe arthritis making defaecation difficult).
- - Chronic diseases requiring an increased energy intake.
Prior to prescribing, individual target weight should be determined. The energy allowance (kcal) per kg target body weight is based on the dog’s body condition score (BCS) however this is only an initial indication. The amount of food necessary to induce weight loss can vary between individual dogs. This is why close monitoring by your veterinarian is required to regularly update the food quanitity ration and ensure continued weight loss. It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT Supports safe weight loss and helps avoid weight regain. 97% of dogs lost weight over a 3 month period.
- BEGGING CONTROL High natural fibre level helps keep dogs satisfied between meals. Helped control begging in 83% of dogs during weight loss.
- MUSCLE MASS MAINTENANCE High protein content helps support healthy weight loss while maintaining muscle mass.
- SPECIFICALLY FORMULATED Adapted formula to meet the specific digestive, dental and urinary sensitivities of small breed dogs.
- S/O INDEX Formulated to help prevent particular urinary crystals (struvite & oxalate crystals).
COMPOSITION: Dehydrated poultry protein, vegetable fibres, wheat gluten**, tapioca, chicory pulp, hydrolysed animal proteins, maize gluten, wheat, maize, animal fats, minerals, psyllium husks and seeds, fish oil, fatty acid salt, fructo-oligo-saccharides, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), marigold extract (source of lutein), hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin).ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 18800IU, Vitamin D3: 1000IU, E1 (Iron): 35mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.5mg, E4 (Copper): 7mg, E5 (Manganese): 45mg, E6 (Zinc): 136mg , E8 (Selenium): 0.06mg. Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 30% - Fat content: 9.5% - Crude fibre: 15.9% - Crude Ash: 6.9% - NFE - 28.2% Metabolisable energy: 2662 kcal/kg.* L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high digestibility.