Royal Canin Canine Urinary S/O 2kg
***PRESCRIPTION DIET - Use only as directed by your veterinarian. By purchasing this item, you confirm that your pet was examined by a veterinarian who recommended the use of this therapeutic veterinary product on the basis of their diagnosis, and that this product will be used solely as the veterinarian recommended. ***
Urinary S/O is formulated for the nutritional management of adult dogs with urinary stones (struvites) and to help prevent their recurrence. This is achieved through the diet's urine acidifying properties and its low magnesium levels.
Recommended for (indications):
- Bacterial cystitis
- Dissolution of struvite uroliths
- Management of recurrent struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis
- In older dogs: renal function should be checked before Urinary S/O Canine is prescribed
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Chronic renal failure, metabolic acidosis
- Heart failure
- Pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis
- In conjunction with the use of urine-acidifying drugs
- DISSOLVES STRUVITE CRYSTALS Effectively dissolves particular urinary stones called struvites.
- LOW RSS Helps lower the risk of crystal formation.
- URINE DILUTION Helps to prevent urinary crystals.
- LOW MAGNESIUM This diet is low in magnesium - a component of struvite urinary crystals.
COMPOSITION: rice, maize flour, animal fats, dehydrated poultry meat, maize gluten, minerals, hydrolysed animal proteins, vegetable fibres, soya oil, fish oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, marigold extract (source of lutein). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 16200 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 52 mg, E2 (Iodine): 5.2 mg, E4 (Copper): 10 mg, E5 (Manganese): 67 mg, E6 (Zinc): 202 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.08 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 18% - Fat content: 17% - Crude ash: 6.6% - Crude fibres: 2.3% - Calcium: 0.5% - Phosphorus: 0.5% - Sodium: 1.2% - Chloride: 2.21% - Potassium: 0.8% - Magnesium: 0.05% - Sulphur: 0.3% - Urine acidifying substances: calcium sulphate (0.55%), DL-methionine.