Royal Canin Feline Obesity Management 1.5kg
***PRESCRIPTION DIET - Use only as directed by your veterinarian. By purchasing this item, you confirm that your pet was examined by a veterinarian who recommended the use of this therapeutic veterinary product on the basis of their diagnosis, and that this product will be used solely as the veterinarian recommended. ***
Obesity Management should be used to reduce body weight (weight loss) in adult overweight cats.
Recommended for (indications):
Not recommended for (contraindications):
Feeding Advice: Prior to prescribing, individual target weight should be determined. The energy allowance (kcal) per kg target bodyweight is based on the cat’s body condition score (BCS) however this is only an initial indication. The amount of food necessary to induce weight loss can vary between individuals, which is why close monitoring is required to regularly adapt the ration and ensure continued weight loss. If the cat refuses to eat or loses weight too rapidly, there is a risk of hepatic lipidosis.
- HIGH PROTEIN High in protein content to help combat excess weight gain and ensures a slow release of glucose into the bloodstream.
- NUTRIENTS BALANCE Enriched with nutrients, minerals and vitamins to avoid nutritional deficiencies when calorie intake is restricted.
- BONE AND JOINT HEALTH Helps maintain healthy bones and joints by the inclusion of chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine, which is especially important in obese pets with higher joint stress.
- HEALTHY SKIN AND COAT Includes a precise level of essential fatty acids (Omega-3 & Omega-6) for healthy skin and a shiny coat.
- S/O INDEX Formulated to help prevent particular urinary crystals (struvite & oxalate crystals).
COMPOSITION: dehydrated poultry protein, wheat, wheat gluten*, vegetable fibres, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, animal fats, beet pulp, minerals, fish oil, psyllium husks and seeds, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), marigold extract (source of lutein), hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 25000 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 39 mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.9 mg, E4 (Copper): 3 mg, E5 (Manganese): 51 mg, E6 (Zinc): 152 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.07 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 42% - Fat content: 10% - Crude ash: 8% - Crude fibres: 6.4% - Per kg: Metabolisable energy: 3559 kcal - Omega 6 fatty acids: 22.2 g - Omega 3 fatty acids: 4.3 g. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation.